Pages

Monday, August 7, 2017

Setting ourselves up for success (Keto-Day 1)

Cody and I spent about 3-4 hours yesterday meal prepping for our first week of keto. We aren't doing "true" keto right now. We don't want to overwhelm ourselves too much in the beginning. We're doing more of a "Lazy Keto" or what a lot of people refer to as "if it fits your macros." We're only checking to make sure that things fit within our daily allotment of carbs, fats, and proteins. Once we get better acclimated then we can attempt to go "true" keto. This is going to be a pretty big adjustment for us, but we are super excited!

These are the things we cooked (I totally forgot to take pictures of everything #bloggingfail):

-Sausage and Kale Soup
-Cheese Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburgers
-Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole
-Low Carb Zesty Chicken Nuggets
-Keto Bacon Burger Bombs

All of these recipes come from ruled.me! Great website with some great recipes and information. So far today I've had some keto proof coffee and one of the keto bacon burger bombs and it's 2:15PM and I'm not hungry. I've also had around 50oz of water and I plan to get 100oz in before bed tonight. Cody texted me at lunch and said that he couldn't even finish all of it. I know it's only day 1, but I'm super proud of us and hope that we can stick it out!!

Also, on another note, tonight is orientation for Calyn at her new school! She starts on Wednesday!!!!! Where did the time go????? My baby girl is about to start school and it's all that she can talk about. She is SO excited and I'm excited and super sad at the same time! *tear*

This will definitely be a week of major adjustments!

No comments:

I'm back...

I plan to start keeping up with the blog again. So this is me just letting y'all know 😘