Pages

Friday, June 30, 2017

Calyn is Starting School

So Calyn is starting PreK3 in August and I'm still not sure how to feel about this. My aunt, which is my mom's oldest sister (79years old), has been babysitting Calyn since day one. She's been absolutely amazing, but to be honest Calyn is a complete handful!! She is very strong willed and super stubborn. If she doesn't want to do something, then she will dig in her heels and you will have a hell of a time getting her to comply. I know my aunt is in desperate need of the break from her, but I also know that she's going to miss her a lot. 

I think that she's going to have an absolute blast at school and will love it. She's not one that needs to have other kids around her, but she plays well when in that environment. We recently went to a birthday party and she sat at a table with my father in law and brother in law at the back of the room while all the other kids were playing together at the front of the room. She was just as happy as could be with that arrangement.

I haven't gotten her anything that she will need yet. No booksack. No lunchbox. No nap mat. No uniforms. Nothing. I think I'm still trying to hold on. She's our baby girl. That's been her nickname since she was born. Most of my mom's coworkers don't know her real name. My sister is 13 years older than me and she has 2 boys, so Calyn was the first girl grandchild. She'll always be my baby girl. 

I don't want to be one of those annoying parents or have one of those kids that all the teachers know by name and not for good reasons. The school she's going to is a small christian school in our area and Cody and I are super excited about it. I just don't want Calyn to rock their world in a way that they shouldn't be rocked.

I guess I should start preparing for how my day is going to go. I'm going to need to wake up earlier and I'll be getting home later. I hate having to put her in after care, but I don't get off of work until 4:30 and I have to pick Michele up by 5:00 and Calyn by 5:30. I work about 30 minutes away from Calyn's school and Michele's sitter is about half way between the 2. Thing are about to get interesting.

Maybe I'll just get all of her stuff on Amazon and be done with it. I'm not sure if I want her to pick everything out. She's still a toddler and their minds change every 2.34 seconds. I'll get what she likes now and tomorrow she'll be begging for the yellow one with the butterflies, not the purple one with the monkeys!!!!! *insert major tantrum* We shall see. I'll let you know what I decide.

No comments:

I'm back...

I plan to start keeping up with the blog again. So this is me just letting y'all know 😘