Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Nothing like it

You see I used to be a whopping 105lbs when my husband and I met. I'm only 5'1" so that's actually a healthy weight for me. I was 115lbs when we got engaged and 120lbs when we got married. Then I was 130lbs when I got pregnant with Calyn. This is where things really started to take a turn for the worse. I. Was. Miserable. Throughout. The. Entire. Pregnancy. I hated being pregnant. I loved my baby and I couldn't wait to meet her, but I had decided that I was NEVER having another one. People. Pregnancy is no joke. I tip my hat to these AMAZEBALLS moms out there who are pushing out 5+ kids. Hell I tip my hat to anyone with 3+ kids. It ain't easy!
It started with the morning sickness. I didn't have it nearly as bad as a lot of moms do. I wasn't actually throwing up, but O.M.G. I was nauseated all day long. Brushing my teeth felt like the biggest task. I would brush them (forget about bushing my tongue. I made that mistake once and only once), then I would have to hurry up and lay down for about 10-15 minutes until the nausea would pass so that I could finish getting ready for work. This started at 7 weeks. I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks. It lasted until 13 weeks. It was wonderful to wake up one morning, shower, brush my teeth and the next thing I knew I was on my way to work with my breakfast and I was 15 minutes early!! I had about 3 days of this! It was wonderful. Glorious. Amazeballs! Then the headaches started. I had a headache Every. Single. Day. until I was about 26 weeks. I was drinking water like crazy because I thought it was a dehydration thing. Nope. Apparently it was those amazing things that women just love so much. It was my freaking hormones. Now on top of all of this I was consistently gaining weight. Nothing too crazy. about 5lbs during the first trimester and about another 10-15lbs during the second. Third trimester rolls around and I realize that I am swollen and quite plump. Everywhere. Fingers, toes, legs, Face! Oh gosh my face! Well then the heartburn started. Like I'm talking reflux so bad that I would wake up in the middle of the night and have to go throw up because it was coming! Then I would get back in bed and have to sit up for an hour or so playing on my phone because if I would lay back down, then it would just happen all over again. I chewed so much freaking Tums during my third trimester it was ridiculous. I was BEGGING my doctor at 37 weeks to just get her out of me! I was exhausted. Like walking zombie, couldn't imagine any more lack of sleep (I had no clue what real sleep deprivation was. Silly Milly. You will learn soon). Of course he said no. Asshole (Not really. I actually love my doctor and have recommended him to several people, but at that moment I hated the bastard). Finally at 40 weeks, Monday January 20, 2014,  I go in for my checkup and he says that I'm dilated MAYBE half a centimeter. It was the best news of my life! I was finally dilating!!!!! Then he says the most amazing thing I had ever heard, "Would you like to go ahead and schedule to induce?" I was like "Did you really think it was necessary to actually ask me that question." I literally started crying. Like the tears were little rivers just rolling down my face and I just nodded my head. Quite vigorously actually. Queue another headache. With some slight reflux. Then they tell me some even better news, "Would you like to do it tomorrow morning? At 7?" Again, is this question really necessary??? I was scheduled and on the books. It was going to happen people. I couldn't have been happier. I ran home and I was so excited. I was going to take a nice relaxing bath and just enjoy the rest of my day. 

Well, then my phone rang. It was the nurse. They had to push it back from Tuesday to Thursday because they had an emergency and someone would need my spot the next day. Well to say the least I was crushed. Of course I started crying again. TWO WHOLE EXTRA DAYS. These people were trying to kill me!!!!

I just want to put a little side note here that my husband was AMAZING throughout the entire pregnancy. The emotional roller coaster that man had to deal with was insane and I'm so glad he stuck around!!

My husband did a great job of consoling me that night. Of course I had a headache from crying and oh yeah I forgot to mention that I had been having Braxton Hicks contractions since about 26 weeks. And yes I went to the hospital at least 3 times thinking I was in labor *insert frustrated eye roll here*. 

 So here I am. Pregnant. Emotional. Hurting. Big as a whale. And pissed. I got through that Tuesday alright, but I kept thinking all day that I should already have my baby girl in my arms. The Braxton Hicks started to get stronger to the point that I was starting to time them. I woke up several times during the night on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning because they were bothering me so much. I even woke my husband up at one point and told him that I was going to need to start timing them soon. He had heard this so many times that he was just like yeah ok wake me if you need me. Well 4:30 rolled around and they were getting stronger. I woke Cody up again and was like ok dude like for real. I need to time these bitches because it hurts! I told him that I was going to go pee and then we could time them. As soon as I stood up *whoosh* Yep. You guessed it. My water broke. I was soaked and very thankful that it waited till I got out of bed. That was just a mess that I wasn't willing to deal with during labor. Who wants to put sheets washing at 4:30 in the morning while having contractions and continuing to leak fluids out of their vajayjay??? Am I right?? Well anyway I was thankful. The Big Man was looking out. All I could say was "Oh my God. Oh my God!!" Once my husband figured out what was going on he jumped out of bed and proceeded to freak out. I told him that I was going take a shower, wash my hair (I have super oily skin and knew that I wouldn't be able to wash it for a day or so and that's just a no no for me), and I wanted to shave my legs (needed to be nice and smooth.) He started making phone calls and loaded the car while I did that.

***This post has become extremely longer than I planned it. I think I'm going to continue this totally unnecessary story tomorrow.

K. Thanks. Bye.

No comments:

I'm back...

I plan to start keeping up with the blog again. So this is me just letting y'all know 😘